2.10.2013

Something About the Celestials








It goes like this. I see the pictures of the galaxies and it feels like love. It feels like love because it’s beautiful, but I can’t have it. I can’t taste it like other people can when they lick up the sugar and get cosmic dust on their noses. I can’t see it or feel it or touch it or hold it close to me, but it is there. It can probably even see me, but it doesn’t turn around. To some it comes abundantly like hydrogen and stupidity. To the rest of us, we feel it in rare occurrences like the transit of Venus across the sun; if you aren’t outside and you aren’t looking, you are never going to find it. You are forgetting that it already sees you.
Love is the origin, but it was never original. It is fragile, and this, boys and girls, is why we ask you not to touch. 
Holst's Venus from "The Planet's Suite". Technically, The Bringer of Peace, but also the goddess of love.

2 comments:

  1. "To some it comes abundantly like hydrogen and stupidity"
    this line made me laugh a little bit.

    You should listen to "Jupiter" from Holst's suite. It's amazing as well. You have very good taste.

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I found this sooner. You are fantastic. Thanks for this, really.

    ReplyDelete