5.27.2013

Slam

I grip the stars in my hands and the galaxy slips from my finger cracks. Fate says "there goes pizza and Saturday nights" and 6 o'clock says "there go the formals and home cooked meals." And all the while the calendars say "look at the playgrounds! You can't see the swings? They are too far away."

I didn't decide to gamble with fate until I was old. I have no idea what the inside of a sleeping bag looks like on a park bench at night and that's why I will never know what it is like to be the man from Downtown Salt Lake City... But I know what a pen feels like and I know what cold pillows feel like, but hey! that does not mean I know what it is like to release the oxygen tank. I don't know a lot of things but I know what it is like to sail the skies.

Tomorrow is coming, ladies and gentlemen, and so is fate, and so is 6 o'clock. And even though calendars will still be here, so will yesterday and thank the stars that tomorrow will be here too.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot how much I liked this. Did you read this in class? Didn't the stupid bell interrupt you?

    I liked this so much I had to add it to the hall of fame.

    ReplyDelete